Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 346

Mom – Day 346

Today is Chester Greenwood day – the guy that invented the earmuffs – and Galen put his deer chili in the chili contest and he won first place. That was so nice to see him smile and everyone commenting on his cooking skills. In fact, he ran out of the chili before our family came around to try it. Our exchange girl Marjo was in the parade along with our nephew Derek. The day was beautiful and it even started to snow. It was a good day.

It was also a sad day because for the first time it felt like the Christmas season was upon us. I feel bad because I had a dispute with my daughter and because Zach is not here. He is not here to have a chili ‘throw down’ with his Dad. He is not here for his favorite holiday. Last night I was watching “Home Alone” on TV, Zach’s favorite Christmas movie and he wasn’t here to share in it. I can’t wait for my daughter to come home so that I have at least one of my kids home. I just wish Zach would be here too. I will worry about him everyday until I know he is safe. I was hoping that I would hear from him but I haven’t. I think Christmas and the Christmas season is an important time for me to have my family. One day at a time – that is all I can do.

I Love you Zach and Ash.
Zach Be Safe
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment