Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 338

Mom – Day 338

Today was a great day because I spoke to Zach (and all seemed okay with Ash – sorry I missed Eline today). Hearing his voice today was like the feeling you get when you go up for air after holding your breath under water for as long as you can. I felt like I was holding my breath all week! He talked about the snow there and some of the comments his Southern buddies had to say about it and how some of the soldiers were playing around with the snow. He also talked a lot about all of the kids that he saw (actually he just talked about the boys). He really was taken back how they were all over the place and he said how they should be in school. I guess suppressing education is a way of control, a way that the Taliban tried to control the people. It is so sad to think about this because we take so many things for granted, including our right to a decent education. When I hear these stories, I just want to go over there and educate them. I also think that if you don’t have any goals, or purpose then you can get in trouble. Not going to school or doing something can easily domino for the kids to get into trouble.

Well, I should be going to bed and I am sure Zach is up now with more snow his way.
Good night, good morning. I love you Zach – Be safe
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment