Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 339

Mom – Day 339

I do know Zach is okay, I didn’t hear from him but he did leave a message with Shane who in turn shared this info with me. I am so glad to hear that he is okay.

Every time that I start writing for the blog I spend half of my time looking up information about Afghanistan. I am most intrigued about the plight of the woman and children. Since I don’t know a lot about this part of the world, everything seems to be new and interesting. Today I looked up the weather, right now it is -3C and it will get up to about -7C and on Monday it may snow. Then I was also curious to know how many FOBs (Forward Operating Bases) and other military post there are in Afghanistan. I didn’t find the answer but I was amazed at how many there are. There are so many FOBs, PRTs, FBs, Camps, I never really paid attention to how many facilities we have there.

Tonight I watched the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life”. This is my favorite Christmas movie. It is my favorite movie because it makes us all step back and realize how one person can touch so many lives. I only wish I had my children here to watch this movie with me.

I love you Zach – Be safe
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment