Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 331

Mom – Day 331

I woke up this morning at about 7:30 only to go downstairs and find that my daughter Ashley picked up the first floor. She was just finishing up the kitchen when I went downstairs. Ash said that we had to get the house ready for Christmas so things had to be put away and ready so that she could decorate. She then put together our list for the things we needed at the stores and then she was quick to put everything in its place. It was really nice to have her taking care of all these things. Today, the house was picked up, we went shopping, put up the tree and then had a chance to visit with friends, Skype with Eline (one of our host children from Holland) and SPEAK to Zach (and even go to the movies).

Zach finally received the first box I ever sent him – about a month ago. In the box I included some Whoppie Pies and he said they were a hit with the other soldiers. I didn’t think that they would last; I thought they would go bad but they didn’t. I sent some Whoppie Pies that were wrapped (I bought the ones that they have in Trenton’s Mkt). Zach said the other soldiers loved them and they were calling them Maine Pies. Zach did not realize that the Whoppie Pies were a Maine thing (I think they are regional to certain areas of the US??) He said that he was saving one Whoppie pie for Christmas. It is funny how some of these little things that we take for granted can mean so much.

I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment