Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 330

Mom – Day 330

I started thinking that maybe something was wrong with me. Why can’t I get out of this “rut”. I know that my life will be different with Zach over there and me sitting by the phone – always waiting – but I have responsibilities. I have responsibilities to my children (plural), my husband, work and myself. I even started thinking, maybe I am not with it – maybe I need help because I have all of these depressing feelings. I was almost to the point that I didn’t know anymore. Then, as if God or my Mom in heaven was listening, my sister called. She asked me if it was okay to share my blog with her good friend in Sweden. I said yes but I wanted to make sure that she told her friend that the blog was raw. “Raw, what do you mean by this” was what my sister asked me and I told her, I write what I feel and it is so depressing. My sister didn’t even hesitate when she said, “What is wrong with that, maybe that is how the mother of a soldier in Afghanistan feels.” That one comment made me feel alive again, it is okay to own these feelings.

I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment