Monday, November 16, 2009

Mom – Okay, I think today is actually day 365 so I think I will start again---→ Welcome to day 365. I had the opportunity to Skype with Zach today for some time. It was nice to hear from him even with our connection being lost every couple of minutes. He’s in Kyrgzstan right now and he said that he was cold. I looked it up and it is currently 18 degrees F there. He asked for some L.L. Bean socks and some good mittens. He said he likes the cold if he had the proper clothing. He doesn’t know how long he will be in K but he thinks he will be there maybe another day.

It is funny how a phone call or Skyping can make a world of difference. I can’t imagine a time before all of our gadgets. Unfortunately, I know that I have to appreciate the times I can communicate because the reality is I will not always have that luxury. After speaking to Zach (I had to hang up because our connection was bad), my daughter called. I am blessed to have some great kids. As you can tell, I am in better spirits.
The support from the community has been great. I had a phone call from someone in the community telling me that their church members have Zach in their list of prayers. This was so touching because it isn’t even the church I belong to. I have had so many people hug me, and just share with me their warmth.

Well Good-night.
Love you Zach
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment