Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 364

Mom – Day 364
Well, no news from Zach but I thought I would share some things I am curious about. Yesterday, after I spoke to Zach, and he told me how cold he was, I realized that I needed to educate myself on that region of the world. I am not claiming to be an expert by any means, but if you are reading this you might find these tid-bits of information interesting.

Did you know?????: Afghanistan is a bit smaller than the size of Texas. Afghanistan and Pakistan are in South Asia. Afghan. boarders six countries: (starting North) Tajikistan, China, Pakistan, Iran, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. Winters are cold and summers are hot. It is also the world’s largest opium producer ☹ The life expectancy is 44 ½ - approximately the same for both male and female. The official languages are Afghan Persian (Dari) and Pashto.

Well, while I was writing this my friend Barbara Skyped me and asked me to check out Facebook, she thought Zach was on-line. She was right and I had a few moments to chat with him. He will be leaving soon – right now it is 9pm here but it is 8 am over there – next day.

I am blessed to have great kids, a great husband, a strong family, wonderful friends and an extended family (all of my wonderful “other” children)

Zach, I love you. Be safe and remember your Mama and Papa love you, and and and (sister …)

Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment