Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 354

Mom – Day 354

Today is another day without my children but it was great to see Shane. Shane is Zach’s dear friend that entered the Army the exact time as Zach and they both went into the same MOS. Shane is currently serving at Ft. Bragg. With the uncertainty of our mission in Afghanistan, we are not sure if he is going to be deployed. I know that Shane is not my biological child but I am super attached to him. His Mom is always there for me and she also shares my pain. As she told me today, “we can only take one day at a time, that is all we can do” and she is right. I can count down but I can only do it a day at a time.

I survived Thanksgiving even though I didn’t want to, now the holiday season has begun. The holiday season can be a real wonderful time or a very difficult time. I am so glad my daughter will be here for Christmas because she will keep me moving forward.

I love you Zach – Be safe
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment