Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 299

Mom – Day 299

I missed a call from Zach today. I hate it when I miss his calls (this is only the second time he has called me during the day).

Zach being in Afghanistan has made me want to learn more about that country and its people. I am always asking why there are so many people that hate people even if they don’t know them – all this hate based on assumptions. This made me think of the Karachi brothers. If you have not heard of them, they are two American brothers that were sent to Pakistan to a madrassa. The Karachi brothers were followed for four years, throughout their stay in this madrassa. If you don’t have time to follow up on this, try to watch a Youtube clip - "Karachi Kids" Trailer: Documentary About American Boys in Madrassa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1V3bB_BxQ4&feature=related

I want to also say that the homeless and grieving people of Haiti are in my heart. Also special prayers for Zach, Shane, Robert, Kippy, Joe and even Cheny – a few of our loved ones in the military.

I love you Zach – Be Careful
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment