Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 297

Mom – Day 297

What a wonderful day. Today was one of those days that remind me that there are some things in life that don’t have a price tag. Today I spoke to Zach about all sorts of things ☺ He mentioned to me that it is beautiful in Afghanistan and that the culture is so rich. He would like to experience it without all the fighting, just for the good things it has to offer. He also said that these people have the right to live like you and me but unfortunately, there are people that don’t believe that. Back here, home in Maine, was a perfect day, also beautiful. I went outside and went snowshoeing with the dog and then did some cross country skiing. I was out back on the pond and it was so beautiful and peaceful. Forget “On Golden Pond”, being outside on a beautiful winter day can take anyone’s stress away and for those moments in time, feel so alive. The only thing that could have made it better is if I had my family around me.

I wish you and your sister were with me, I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment