Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 296

Mom – Day 296

Another day goes by. My sister tried to contact Zach today but she couldn’t get in touch with him. I did notice he was online! I know Zach is at the FOB so I do feel a bit better – but I also remember he is still in Afghanistan.

A few blogs ago, I spoke about Karachi and the madrassas there. Needing to keep myself busy (aside from work), I find that I am still searching for answers – knowing that I will always be looking for answers. I found the following video clip interesting. The clip talks about the Taliban and Pashtuns. The Pashtuns are in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Many of the Pashtuns – speaking primarily of the young – were schooled in some extreme madrassas in Pakistan (so I don’t understand how Pakistan, our ally, gave birth to many of these Talibans that we are fighting??) ---- Do the Taliban represent the Pashtuns? ---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCf-A9IvB4

I don’t know, maybe I don’t understand the dynamics.

In the meantime, I see the faces of the Haitians that have lost everything. Life is so fragile.

I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment