Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 79 Dad

I saw a small snippet in the news today concerning the possible use of Chemical weapons against schools for girls and classes that are offered specifically for girls in Afghanistan. Blood tests taken from the victims involved indicate small quantities of agricultural compounds that can be used to produce the deadly VX gas. The taliban had threatened such activities earlier and it appears they are becoming proficient enough to practice. The entire situation continues to amaze me. Lisa has done extensive reading on the treatment of women in this society and now to read this was most disturbing. What is it that makes these people believe that they can just treat others with such disdain and contempt then murder based on their whacked out beliefs. Do they feel that the Koran is teaching them this, or is it misguided religious leaders or is that they just feel weak and need to exert power to make themselves feel better? I really don’t get it.

The bottom line is that the taliban is evil and they have no desire to see any improvements for average person in Afghanistan. More than likely Al Qaeda is very similar in structure and what they are trying to accomplish. I also took a look at PressTV which is the Iran english news agency basically a propaganda arm. They call America bullies who need to get beat up in Iran, I wonder how many Americans who hate us post on that website? I often wonder why people who hate what made this country great continue to live here - just move! I don't like the Hollywood elites who threaten to leave but never do why??? how about $$$$$, Alec Baldwin can just leave.

4 more Americans were killed today - are we worth their sacrifice, is our nation worth it, is Afghanistan and it's people worth it?

You are superman, I miss you Zach and I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment