Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 52

Mom – Day 52

Zach has been fighting in the Sayed Abad district in the Wardak province and in this vicinity for almost a year now. This area is still active with the Taliban. Zach mentioned in an email that although point A to point B might only be a 10 minute drive, only a few miles apart, they might as well me a 100 miles apart because it is too dangerous to just go from A to B. This is what he is telling me after being there for a year! July of 2011 is nine months away; I cannot imagine that in nine months someone will be able to get from point A to point B in 10 minutes. Next year we will all find out if all of the sacrifices our military did was all in vain or not. What about Zach’s friend Matt Hennigan, who should of turned 21 the 21st of this month, did he die for nothing? I am still fighting internally with not understanding why we are there. Are we there to help those that can’t fight for themselves? Are we there to get rid of the terrorists (this is assuming that they all live in one country)? I just don’t get it. I know that many of the Afghan people are finally seeing some hope of living a normal life after decades of war but I wonder if this is enough. I guess time will answer some of my questions.

I love you Zach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment