Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 279

Mom – Day 279

There is risk in everything we do in life. I am writing this blog everyday, kind of like a cross I am baring. I write this because I am concerned about my son and the risk he is taking when he is exposed to the elements, exposed to the reality that people want him dead only because of what he stands for (or just because). When in reality all of us are exposed one way or another to some of these same elements. Every day we turn on the tv and we hear about things that just happen and we often wonder why? I hear stories from my friends and family about horrible things people do to one another or things that just happen to good people – like cancer. When I was younger, I did so many foolish things that I wonder how I am still alive to talk about them. Our sense of fear is different as we age. In some ways, this is a blessing. I am confident in my son’s abilities because he is confident in himself. I am blessed that he has the courage to do what he is doing. Risk is a part of life. We can try and avoid it, but I am not sure if this will always satisfy our souls – sometimes we need to embrace risk or just deal with it. – Thank you Beth for the pep talk, I appreciate you always stopping by to chat with me. -

I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment