Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 272

Mom – Day 272

There is so much news out there that I don’t know how people keep up. I am always looking up news on South Asia because that is where my interest lies, now with Zach in Afghanistan. But I realize that I am falling behind in what is happening in other parts of the world. It is kind of refreshing to read about other places, but many times the names may change but I could swear I just heard this same story – world events seem to repeat. The embarrassing story is when I forget to check on local news and I miss what is happening in my own backyard.

Today I had someone ask me to explain the difference between Iraq and Afghanistan and why are we fighting in these two distinct countries. This person asked me a lot of questions about Afghanistan – me, Lisa – and I wondered, what do I know? I realized that I did know something. I did manage to answer all of her questions, and I enjoyed talking about all of this. I am often embarrassed to say that I know very little about this part of the world but it is never too late to learn - and I love learning.

I love you Zach – Be Safe
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment