Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 149

Mom – Day 149

I have been enjoying our weather here in Maine and Zach is withstanding 115 degrees F. The summer months are supposed to be more active because the Taliban are out more than compared to the winter months but how can anyone function in that heat.

Today I printed off some pictures that I downloaded from Facebook. One picture was a nice picture of Zach in Afghanistan. I decided to make an 8 ½ x 11, label it, frame it and put it up at our local convenience store. It is nice that some businesses do things like this to recognize their local military men and women. When I looked at the wall, I recognized many faces as former students of mine. There are so many young people that join the armed forces around here.

I am amazed at how many people still join the armed forces. I worry about all of our brave people. I honestly don’t know how they can keep up their morale when they have to fight on the defensive side all of the time. The current rules of engagement need to be modified.

I love you Zach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment