Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dad 167

Yesterday Zach was involved in a firefight and one of his closest friends was hit in the shoulder as he stood right beside Zach. I am sure that Zach showed great courage as he aided his friend and naturally was concerned for his safety and health and welfare. But then came the after effect and the reality of war sank in. I could hear in his voice not necessarily fear, but concern for his friend and anger at what seems to him to be the willingness of leadership to sacrifice American soldiers for politically expedient complacency aimed at the Taliban! Somehow I wish I could transport my self there and just waive a wand to end this. But prayers are all I have and I will pray for all of them to return home.

God bless our armed forces for all they do and pray that our leaders let them fight or bring them home! It is time to go or get off the pot!

Zach you are still my little alien boy. Please know I love you and miss you more than words can say! You are superman and I love you Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment