Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 97 Dad

Well it is a beautiful sunny day and Lisa and I are going to a redneck wedding, the groomsmen are wearing camo and so am I. It should be fun in a large sand pit that is done up quite nicely. I think Zach would like it as it is very country style as far as weddings go.

I emailed back and forth with Zach several times he was busy buying tickets to the Celtics and Bruins and he was like a little kid again in his excitement. He did give me a hint that the activity concerning the taliban is heating up due to ramadan. Then last night I was talking to young man who fought in Iraq and he mentioned how the activity increases during ramadan. Again the idiocy of the taliban thinking that dying on a holiday is so much more special, especially a holiday that is supposed to be when Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds. So much for self-restraint and doing good deeds. One would think that good deeds would include not wanting to kill people, I don't know - just saying!!

Zach is in my thoughts all the time now I am getting anxious as each day goes by. You are my hero Zach, you are superman and I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment