Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 102

Mom – Day 102

So far Galen has driven Zach’s Jeep and I have driven in the Jeep. Of course our neighbor George was in it and then Keith and Chris came by today, some of Zach’s friends, to check out the Jeep. It is funny because Zach isn’t here but it almost feels as if he is here.

Today I read some of the Blogs and I noticed that many times I have written thinking I said all of these things but I really didn’t – how does one express everything that is in their head. Then there are so many entries that sound like repeats – because sometimes things take so long before one sees a change. But I do know that I have changed a bit. For one thing, I haven’t cried in several days! I still worry, in fact Ramadan really worries me (it starts August 11th and ends September 9th this year), but I feel different. I know that I tend to be tenser and paranoid when Zach is out of communication and that is because I am always left wondering. I really feel for the women and children who are living in hell in Afghanistan; the ones that have no say. I feel a small sense of relief that there are some areas in Afghanistan that education is being promoted and women and children are starting to live a more ‘normal’ life. So there have been some changes, they just take time. There are many heroes in this war. There are the military, the courageous women and children and Afghan people that are trying to make a difference, and then there are people that make huge impacts – like the people that lost their lives in Northern Afghanistan. I am always amazed to hear the stories of what one person can do to make a difference.

I love you Zach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment