Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 34 Dad

Six International Security Assistance Force personnel have been killed in the last 2 days. It does not seem that the taliban is taking a break or seeking peace. The struggle to stay focused is very labored now. All I can think about is Zach finally getting out of there. But all the time as the casualties mount my heart goes out to those families. I saw that a ISAF soldier was killed in Zach's area today, but the French were reporting that it was a French soldier. While I was relieved I felt guilt as well because of my feelings of relief that the soldier was not an American.

How sad that we feel this over and over. I have a very special son, he volunteered for the army in a time of war, he knew that he would be sent to Afghanistan yet onward he pressed. He never backed down to any challenge he is the epitome of what anyone would want in a son. Then when he was already off the combat line he volunteered to go back because his friends were still out there. But due to that we continue to worry, my stomach remains unsettled, I worry continuously. We are so close, we are so close.

My prayers will continue, and my faith continues. Zach will be out of there soon laughing with his friends in Germany. Soon he will be skiing and maybe our lives all of us will level out, not necessarily normal as I am not sure what that is.

You are superman, you are my hero, I love you Bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment