Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 21 Dad

"Hey I just left Afghanistan today! I am in Manas its so nice hear. The air is fresh the food is good. Don't know when I am leaving yet but its nice to be outta there."

"Yeah Its nice to get outta there. Great air force food. I had real milk for the first time in 8 months. I took a shower without feeling dirty again instantly. I can buy things again, almost there to Germany. We might be here up to 4 more days. Time to relax really for the first time since march. I am ready to get to Germany then get home! its almost 2300 here; they have a weird time here. I am gonna try to get some sleep before weapons guard."

Words from a young man who has left Afghanistan. I am so happy yet not sure how I feel, it is so weird much like it is weird for him to be out of Afghanistan.

You are superman, I love you Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment