Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 17 - NO DAY 0, that is ZERO

Mom – Day 17 NO it is Day 0, that is ZERO

Today is Day ZERO. He is really out of AFGHANISTAN – he is done with his deployment and is now in Germany. I can’t believe that it has come to an end and I don’t know what to do. I have been teary eyed but I can’t wait to shower so I can just cry and cry. Cry for my relief of not having that pit in my stomach any more, cry for the soldiers that Zach is leaving behind, cry for Zach’s friends that did not make it back with him and for their parents that will never write Day Zero. I don’t know what to do with my emotions now that it is over.
Today is November 1st. Día de los Muertos is Nov 1st and 2nd. This is the day that the living remember those that have passed on but today I think that the ones that have passed on remembered the living – they helped bring Zach to a safe place today. I do think that our prayers were heard and Grandma, Grandpa, Tristan, and many others were helping us through this. Today I called Mary Golden, my cyber friend, Robert’s mother. It was odd because I never spoke to her on the phone, only via computer, but it also felt normal because we are both at the same place in our lives – Mary we made it!
I don’t know what I will do next. I think I need a little time to think and understand what my new role is going to be. I need to figure me out. I do know that I am so lucky to have Galen there next to me and for being such a great Dad and husband. I am also lucky for having all of the support I have received from my family and friends. 6,734 hits from people reading our Blog – Thank you
Yes, now I am crying.

I love you Zach so much
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment